Help & Information for Ordering
Hamilton Bears: bespoke handmade memory bears created from your children's clothing, personalised especially for you.
Handmade in Ireland using recycled and locally sourced products wherever possible.
The best gift for parents, grandparents, god children, nieces, nephews, grandchildren, christening gifts, 1st birthdays, 18th birthdays, 21st birthday, baby showers, maternity leave, sons, daughters, mum and dad.
Help & Information
Please read the Help and Information section below for a more detailed overview of the process for ordering your Hamilton Bear.
If you have any further questions then please do not hesitate to contact Carrie.
Buying A Hamilton Bear:
Hamilton Bears are frequently purchased as a gift, to facilitate this all order packs come presented in a Hamilton Bear gift box.
Included within the gift pack is;
- A large addressed envelope for safely submitting clothes
- An order form
- An explanation of how to order your bear
- A gift voucher with value specified value
- A Hamilton Bear postcard
Hamilton Bears are available at two prices;
€140 for the Junior Size bear (formerly the Luxury Size Bear)
€180 for the Mama Size bear
€240 for the Papa Size bear
Each bear purchased includes;
- A personalised message on the paw*
- Couriered delivery within Ireland and Northern Ireland
- Beautiful Hamilton Bear branded packaging
- One of a choice of two face types
When creating the bears Carrie uses the key features and details of the items submitted to form the main elements of the bear (wherever possible). Should you have any specific requests on any items of clothing you have submitted (or wish to submit) then please discuss these with Carrie when ordering or by making a note on the order form and wherever possible they will be worked into the bear. Each bear is created just for you, we want it to be a keepsake you can cherish for generations and do our upmost to accommodate your wishes wherever we can.
Receiving a Gift Voucher:
Hamilton Bear vouchers are valid for 18 months from the date of purchase.
Each Gift Voucher contains a unique code that is recorded at the time of the purchase along with the purchasers' details. Should there be any problems with the Gift Voucher after receipt (the dog eating it, etc.) the details can be recalled and re-validated.
Completing the Order Form
Order Forms are enclosed in the Gift Voucher Box and should be completed and returned along with the submitted clothes to Hamilton Bear HQ. If the Order Form is lost, a new form can be downloaded here.
The Order Form must be completed fully with the following information:
- The bear size
- The face you wish to have - there are two shapes to choose from; Traditional Bear or Hound Dog Bear. You can visit the Gallery for images of each option.
- The message for the paw - the recipient or the gift giver may wish to word this - we do ask you write this in clear block capitals to avoid any confusion - once printed this cannot be changed
- Your signature – this is vitally important. You must sign and date the Order Form authorising Hamilton Bear to deconstruct and use the items that you have submitted. Without a signature we will not be able to proceed in making your Hamilton Bear.
Selecting the Items to Submit
Your bear will be as beautiful as the items you submit. Best results are bears that have a mixture of textures, fabrics, patterns and colours.
You can send anything from one item upward, so long as you provide sufficient fabric to create it your bear.
Great items to work with are;
- Shirting fabrics – cotton dresses, patterned shirts, sun hats, rompers
- Knitwear – ideally not too chunky or too loose a stitch, jumpers, cardigans, hats – the smaller the gauge (knit) the more successful it is
- Jersey – t-shirts, pyjamas, leggings, hats, sleep suits, one-pieces - there is lots of jersey to choose from as it is the perfect fabric for babywear, however we suggest to only submit 2 or 3 pieces and mix them with other fabrics
- Fleece – jackets, jumpers, hats, blankets - it is a great texture to work with
- Leather/Microsuede - when fine enough, leather and suede/micro suede works beautifully on bears
- Tweed/Wool - overcoats, jackets, hats, blankets, flat caps - very handsome and robust fabrics, many bears have been created from a single item in these fabrics (once sufficient fabric is supplied)
- Trouser & Dungaree fabrics – light denims, cords, chinos, canvas
- Velour – often in one-pieces, rompers, nightwear, sleeping bags, hats, blankets
- Buttons for eyes – if you don’t have anything you wish to submit with buttons on, buttons will be provided, but it is a lovely detail if they are your own
Confirmation of Receipt of Parcel
We will confirm that we have received your package and will advise when you can expect your bear to be ready. Please allow for approximately six to eight weeks for hand making & delivery.
We strive for the best quality of goods and service so please know we are working hard to bring your bear to life as soon as we can. We are a very small operation and hand-make each bear uniquely for you.
Delivery & Collection
Once complete we will contact you to let you know your bear is ready.
- Couriered Delivery - all deliveries require a signature upon receipt, therefore we advise to provide an address whereby it is convenient for you to be available to wait for your delivery.
- Collection - should you prefer to collect your order in person, then please indicate this on the order form. When your bear is ready for home, Carrie will contact you to make arrangements for collection.
PLEASE NOTE: HAMILTON BEAR IS NOT A TOY. IT IS A MEMORABLE KEEP-SAKE GIFT.